This page is for activity providers in Norfolk looking to take part in the Big Norfolk Holiday Fun programme. If you are a parent wishing to find out more about the programme, click here to visit the public page.
Be part of the Big Norfolk Holiday Fun programme
Thank you for your interest in the Big Norfolk Holiday Fun programme. The next Big Norfolk Holiday Fun programme will run in Easter.
If you are looking to be a future Big Norfolk Holiday Fun provider, these pages should provide you with useful information. You should read the requirements before filling in the expression of interest form. If you have already been a provider in 2021, you don’t need to fill in the form.
What is the Big Norfolk Holiday Fun programme?
Big Norfolk Holiday Fun is the local offer of the Department for Education funded Holiday Activities and Food Programme.
It is a scheme which brings fun and healthy activities, including nutritious food to children. The scheme is free and open to all school aged children and young people aged 5-16 who are eligible for means tested free school meals.
The aim of the programme is to encourage those children who receive benefits-related free school meals to be more active, eat more healthily, develop soft skills, and understand the role physical activity and nutrition has on health.
Become a provider for future Big Norfolk Holiday Fun dates
If you are interested in signing up for future programmes, read below for the requirements. Those wishing to take part should:
- Provide a face-to-face offer
- Be free to those eligible for means tested free school meals
- Include the provision of at least one meal per day that meets school food standards and responds to dietary needs. We encourage activity providers to make their own food that aligns with school food standards
- Ensure attendees meet the physical activity guidelines of 60 mins a day
- Include nutritional education – ideally for the whole family
- Be inclusive and accessible to young people with a special educational need or disability
Fill in the expression of interest form
We encourage providers to offer paid for places as well as places for means-tested free school meals children where possible. Whether you offer physical activity, creative activities, cultural sessions, science and nature, outdoor activities or anything else, we want to hear from you. To submit an expression of interest, simply fill in the form below.
I have submitted an expression of interest – what happens next?
- Once submitted, we will review the information provided and our team will be in touch to discuss your offer. Please allow a couple of weeks for us to get back to you. In the meantime, our FAQ section may be helpful.
- If your offer meets our statement of requirements, we will send you an application form to complete and return to us.
- Once forms have been submitted, they will be assessed against standards of the programme by a panel who will determine whether all or part of your proposal will be funded.
- Once you have been accepted, check out our BNHF Knowledge Hub for free training courses on how to provide sessions that children and young people will get the most out of.
If you have any other questions, please email [email protected]