Be part of the Big Norfolk Holiday Fun programme
Funding is available to help you be able to offer children and young people engaging holiday activities and healthy food this Summer.
Could you be part of building an engaging holiday activity programme to help children and young people in Norfolk have a great Summer?
Active Norfolk and Norfolk County Council are looking to work with local activity providers, venues, schools, community organisations and any other organisations who can help deliver a holiday activity and food programme across the county.
The ‘Big Norfolk Holiday Fun’ scheme in Norfolk is part of the Department for Education funded Holiday Activities and Food Programme that brings fun and healthy activities including nutritious food to children. The scheme is free and open to all school aged children and young people aged 5-16 who are eligible for means tested free school meals.
Funding is available to support the development of holiday activity clubs and to pay for places for eligible children and young people. Many organisations have already committed to be part of the programme this Summer but we’d love to work with even more.
What are the requirements for the Big Norfolk Holiday Fun activities?
To be a part of the programme holiday activities will need to:
- Be at least 4 hours a day, ideally over a period of 4 days a week.
- Be free to those eligible for means tested free school meals
- Include the provision of at least one meal that meets school food standards and responds to dietary needs. We will be able to support providers to offer food if this is a challenge.
- Ensure attendees meet the physical activity guidelines of 60mins a day. This does not mean that clubs have to be sport and physical activity sessions but must make sure that children are getting active for at least 60mins.
- Include nutritional education, ideally for the whole family. We will provide support and resources to do this where required.
- Be inclusive and accessible to children and young people with a special educational need or disability
- Providers will meet standards regarding safeguarding, health and safety (including Covid measures) and GDPR.
If you don’t feel you could meet all of these requirements yourself, we would encourage organisations to work in partnership. Even if you can only offer one element we still want to hear from you.
If you’d like to be involved, please complete the expression of intent form at the bottom of this page. Complete as many sections as possible, particularly the locations you can deliver and the number of spaces you could provide.
This doesn’t commit you to delivering anything but helps us understand the potential offer.
What happens once I have submitted an expression of intent?
We will use the expressions of intent to map potential provision against need in the county. Then we will fund providers with a view to creating a programme that responds to that need.
Once you have submitted your expression of intent we may contact you to gather more detail on your potential offer. Otherwise if your activities fit the requirements of the programme we will send a form to gather some additional information to ensure you’re able to meet the minimum standards set out by the DfE.
Once these have been submitted and approved we will be able to confirm funding for your activities.
If you have submitted your expression of intent but you can only offer certain elements of a programme – for instance if you are a venue, a deliverer without a venue or a food provider – we may be in touch to explore partnership options. Please note this may take more time for us to arrange.
Find out more at our online information session
If you’d like to hear more about the programme and have the opportunity to ask questions about the process, sign up below to join our online information session. You can also visit our Big Norfolk Holiday Fun FAQs.
Date: Thursday 20th May
Time: 6pmRegister for the information session
Complete the Expression of Intent form by 23rd May
Please complete the expression of intent form below to let us know how you can contribute to helping Norfolk’s children and young people to enjoy a fun and engaging summer holiday activity programme.
Please note the deadline to complete the Expression of Intent form is Sun 23rd May.