The layout of our communities impacts our health
It outlines a set of principles for success to address the important “place” characteristics that impact on our health.
Key features of 20-Minute Neighbourhoods
- A range of diverse and affordable homes
- Well connected paths, streets, and open spaces
- Schools are at the heart of our communities
- Good green spaces are in the right places
- Food is produced locally
- Jobs and money are kept local
- Community health and wellbeing facilities are accessible to all
- The neighbourhood is a place for all ages
We will support local planning authorities, designers, and developers to implement the principles of 20 Minute Neighbourhoods. Using these principles we’ll be helping to create more compact and connected neighbourhoods that make it easy and attractive to walk and cycle.