Creating stronger and better connected communities
Taking part in sport and physical activity helps create and strengthen connections within and between communities.
Sport and physical activity create opportunities to build bridges between groups of people that might not otherwise connect. They also support people to develop connections to the environments they live and work in.
Plus, the benefits of being involved in sport and physical activity are not limited to just those directly participating.
By increasing access to volunteering and coaching development opportunities, we can ensure sport and physical activity plays a positive role in developing skills, self-confidence and supporting people to more easily access education and employment.
We want to support individuals and local communities to create more opportunities for engagement with sport and physical activity. That can be formally or informally, enabling others by volunteering or as an active participant.
We know that the opportunities and barriers will be unique to each community. Hence why we have dedicated locality officers working within each district in Norfolk to help you grow these ideas and make the local connections to bring these ideas to life.
Communities Club and Coach Support
There are several places local clubs and coaches can turn to in order to get support. We also offer training courses to help develop workforces, click here to find out more.
Club Matters is Sport England’s one-stop-shop for sports clubs. It provides support, learning and guidance on all aspects of running a club whether it is large, small, formal or informal. Club Matters offers free, simple and bitesize support to all clubs.
Club Matters can help you to improve your club with:
- Online Support – There is a range of support available including online toolkits, quick reference guides and also e-learning modules.
- Workshops – Club Matters workshops are free, short training sessions delivered across the country by experts in a range of speciﬁc areas.
- Mentoring – Whether you want long term support, or just a short call to sound out your ideas, Club Matters mentors can help. The ﬂexible mentoring scheme will offer more personal support to you and your club.
- Club Improvement Plan – An online health check for clubs of all sizes and at all stages of their development, to establish where they are performing well & areas for development. This will also provide your club with a tailored plan to stick to.
- Club Views – A club review tool allowing you to ask your members and volunteers what they think about your club.
- Clubmark – This is the universally acknowledged cross sport accreditation scheme for community sports clubs. To find out more about Clubmark click here.