Creating stronger and better connected communities
Taking part in sport and physical activity helps create and strengthen connections within and between communities.
Sport and physical activity create opportunities to build bridges between groups of people that might not otherwise connect. They also support people to develop connections to the environments they live and work in.
By increasing access to volunteering and coaching development opportunities, we can ensure sport and physical activity plays a positive role in developing skills and self-confidence, and supporting people to more easily access education and employment.
We know that the opportunities and barriers will be unique to each community. For this reason, we have dedicated locality officers working within each district in Norfolk to help you grow these ideas and bring them to life.
Walk Leader Training modules
Our walk leader training is a series of modules that will provide you with the information you need to lead short guided walks in a safe and confident manner.
Guided walks are a fantastic way of getting communities together and being physically active. They can be tailored to all abilities, and enable people who might not otherwise feel confident walking to take part.
For more information or to take part, click the button below.
Communities Club and Coach Support
There are several places local clubs and coaches can turn to in order to get support. We also offer training courses to help develop workforces, click here to find out more.
Club Matters is Sport England’s one-stop-shop for sports clubs. It provides support, learning and guidance on all aspects of running a club whether it is large, small, formal or informal. Club Matters offers free, simple and bitesize support to all clubs.
Club Matters can help you to improve your club with:
- Online Support – There is a range of support available including online toolkits, quick reference guides and also e-learning modules.
- Workshops – Club Matters workshops are free, short training sessions delivered across the country by experts in a range of speciﬁc areas.
- Mentoring – Whether you want long term support, or just a short call to sound out your ideas, Club Matters mentors can help. The ﬂexible mentoring scheme will offer more personal support to you and your club.
- Club Improvement Plan – An online health check for clubs of all sizes and at all stages of their development, to establish where they are performing well & areas for development. This will also provide your club with a tailored plan to stick to.
- Club Views – A club review tool allowing you to ask your members and volunteers what they think about your club.
- Clubmark – This is the universally acknowledged cross sport accreditation scheme for community sports clubs. To find out more about Clubmark click here.