Introducing our locality plan approach:
We are working on a locality-based approach, based on the premise that problems and priority issues are distinctive in each of the local authority areas. Our aim is to identify and work together with partners and organisations that are best placed in each district to realise opportunities that sport and physical activity can offer to help improve the lives of Norfolk residents.
This requires tailored local insight and a broad range of partners around the table to tackle local problems with a local approach, based on data-driven insight and local knowledge.
Our Locality Plan approach seeks to:
- Provide a more robust and holistic understanding of localities
- Focus our priorities with regard to resource allocation
- Highlight resource gaps to address identified priorities in each locality
- Provide a clear rationale for engagement with local and national stakeholders around achieving shared objectives, achieving efficiencies, and attracting additional resource
- Enable analysis of existing resource commitments and where efficiencies can be made
- Complement existing plans and approaches – not reinvent the wheel
Over the last year we have undertaken a locality planning process to better understand the issues in Norfolk that physical activity can potentially help improve, where they are most prominent, and who shares a common interest in those issues.
"As we work together with South Norfolk District Council to establish key priorities in the area, we are excited to see the progress the District is making in offering activity opportunities to residents. “The South Norfolk area is blessed with excellent sports and exercise facilities and we are keen to help ensure, through mutually-beneficial partnership work, that residents have active opportunities available to them in order to maintain healthy lifestyles."
South Norfolk District Lead, Rich Hoey
South Norfolk District Newsletter December 2018 (PDF, 1.6 Mb)
Development & Relationship Manager – Localities & Communities
- South Norfolk
- Business development
- 01603 731 568