Get more young people involved in sport and physical activity: set up a satellite club
Satellite Club funding is available to clubs, groups or organisations that would like to offer weekly sport / physical activity sessions for young people aged 14 - 19. Sessions should be designed around the needs of young people and provide them with positive, enjoyable experiences that make it easy for them to become active or develop regular activity habits.
Supported by or linked to a local community sports club or physical activity opportunity (The Hub), satellite clubs should be designed in such a way that they respond to the specific demands for sport from young people and should be positioned to support young people at points of disruption in their lives. For example, around adolescence, when attitudes to sport and physical activity often change, or when transitioning into adulthood when young people are most at risk of drifting away from taking part in regular sport and physical activity
Funding grants of £1000 - £5,000 are available depending on the size, scale and nature of the project.
Sessions should run for at least 26 weeks a year.
• Sessions should target 14 – 19 year olds
• The young people attending should be Inactive or generally less active on a regular basis outside of education
• Help young people become active or build regular activity habits (inactive / irregularly active)
• Projects targeting under-represented groups (Females, disability, low socio-economic groups) will be prioritised for funding
• Support young people at points of disruption in their lives when attitudes to and engagement in sport and physical activity often change
• Be young people (customer) led including involving young people in decisions and design.
Applying for funding
To submit an application for funding in support of a new Satellite Club please complete the project proposal form at the bottom of this page and email to the below contacts. If you require further advice in order to design and plan a project to meet the needs of the young people you are engaging please contact George Webster firstname.lastname@example.org or Anna Weaser email@example.com 01603 732381
- Satellite Club Project Proposal Form (MS Word, 861 Kb)