Level 2 Mental Health Awareness
This course is provided by Pure Training and Development
The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with an understanding and awareness of mental health, common mental health disorders and issues, help reduce stigma and discrimination and encourage people to talk about mental health. Furthermore, the qualification should provide learners with the ability to apply their knowledge of mental health through recognising and responding to the signs of mental ill health in themselves and others and be able to offer mental health first aid to people experiencing mental ill health.
Who is it for?
This qualification is suitable for anyone who would like to develop their knowledge and understanding of mental health conditions and how to help someone through mental health first aid. Fitness professionals would benefit greatly from having a deeper understanding since exercise is a recommended intervention. Equally, this qualification would benefit those in care or similar roles.
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification, it is accessible to everyone.
During this course you will cover:
- Mental health awareness
- Understanding mental health
- Understanding mental health disorders
- The main risk factors associated with mental ill health
- Common treatments and interventions used to manage mental health and mental ill health
- Understanding the support and advice for mental ill health
- Mental health first aid
- Recognise the signs of mental ill health
- Providing initial help to a person experiencing mental ill health
- Escalating situations when a person may be at risk of harm to themselves or others
- Mental health first aid for specific mental health disorders
- Listening and communicating in a non judgemental way
- Signposting appropriate sources of help
- Promoting good mental health
This course is offered as distance learning which requires studying via the Active IQ e-learning platform with support from a hard copy manual and mentor. You are required to attend 2 live webinars (a range of dates available) before completing your e-assessment.
Length of Course
The length of the course is dependent upon the number of hours you have to study and your learning pace. The total qualification time is approximately 20 hours.
Online Workshop Dates 2021
Monday 19th July 6-7pm – Unit 1
Monday 2nd August 6-7pm – Unit 2
Cost and how to book
This course costs £195. Find out more and book your place by visiting the course listing page on the Pure Training and Development website.