Health & Social Care (Level 1)
This course is provided by Norfolk County Council
This course will provide you with a foundation of knowledge specific to the health and social care sector, preparing you for employment in this or a related sector. During this course you will have the opportunity to complete English and Maths qualifications that will further boost your career.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for:
- Adults with Entry Level 1 qualifications or above
- Adults with minimal work experience or those who require additional support to progress
- Adults seeking to validate their existing skills to enter the workplace
- Adults working in care who lack the qualifications to progress further
- Adults who are self-employed and working the healthcare industry
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification, it is accessible to everyone aged 16+. However a basic understanding and passion for healthcare provision would be beneificial.
In order to attend, you first need to book a Health & Social Care Information Session.
During this course you will learn about:
- The range of service provision roles within health and social care, and what jobs are best suited to your skills and passions
- Maths skills required in the workplace
- Introductory awareness of the importance of healthy eating for adults
- Essential communication skills for working within the healthcare industry
The course requires completion of workbooks and various other activities in order to acquire your certificates.
Length of Course
The qualification is taught over 10 weeks.
Online Workshop Dates 2021
The course starts on 27 September 2021 and it ends on 6 December 2021.
Cost and how to book
This course costs £289, and will result in you receiving four qualifications:
- Level 1 Award in Skills for Health and Social Care (Adults and Children)
- English Level 1 Certificate
- Maths Level 1 Award in Making Calculations
- Mathematics Level 1 Award in Using and Communicating Data.
To book, visit the NCC website by clicking on the button below.