Adapting activities for older adults (Level 2)
This course is provided by Pure Training and Development
This course aims to provide the learners with an understanding of how to adapt exercise for frailer older adults, with particular emphasis on planning and designing chair based exercises. You will learn to to plan and run fun and enjoyable classes which allow those with movement restrictions to benefit from physical activity.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone with the passion to make a difference to the lives of frailer older adults. Whether you are an existing fitness professional or not, you simply need the drive and passion to improve the health, fitness and wellbeing of individuals aged 65+.
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification, it is accessible to everyone aged 16+. An existing knowledge of basic anatomy would help the learner.
During this course you will cover:
- The values and principles of adult social care
- Knowledge and understanding of chair-based exercise and its value with adults in care and community settings, including frailer older adults
- The difference between chair-based exercise and physical activity
- The impact of body systems changes associated with ageing and inactivity
- The structure and content of a chair-based exercise session
- How to plan a chair based exercise session for frailer older adults
This course can be completed online. It is currently offered through online home study, followed by virtual attendance at a workshop session (approx 3 hours) with your practical assessment submitted via video. There is a mix of theory and practical delivery during the course.
Length of Course
The guided learning hours for the course are 37. This is covered by online learning plus an online live workshop.
Online Workshop Dates 2021
- Saturday 5th June, 9am-12pm
- Saturday 31st July, 9am-12pm
Cost and how to book
This course costs:
- £225 for L2 Fitness Professionals (evidence required)
- £295 for Non-Fitness Professionals
To book, visit the Pure Training website by clicking on the button below.