The purpose of this document
We want to tell you how we use your personal information. In this case it relates to contact details you have provided and we use, with your agreement, to keep you informed about events or services. This notice does not apply to how we use your information if we provide you with any services. Details of Norfolk County Council's main privacy notice can be found on the Council website www.norfolk.gov.uk
Data Controller: Norfolk County Council (the County Council) of County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 2UA. We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO), Geoff Connell, DPO@norfolk.gov.uk, or 01603 222661. You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. Further information can be found at www.ico.org.uk
What information we hold: your name and email address that you provide when signing up for the newsletter. You have the option of creating a profile and adding additional personal information, but that is not required for you to browse the website or receive the newsletters. You have provided the information we hold, and we ask for your assistance in keeping it up to date.
What we use the information for: to keep you informed about news, events, jobs, and funding opportunities relating to sport and physical activity. We do this by contacting you via email newsletters.
Our legal basis for using your information: This is with your express agreement (you can withdraw this agreement at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you choose not to give personal information. You can choose not to give your personal information or withdraw your consent at any time. This means we will not be able to keep you up to date with news, events, jobs, and funding opportunities relating to sport and physical activity.
How we use your information to make automated decisions. We do not intend to use your contact details to make automated decisions.
Where we store your data. We store your information on our electronic filing systems. This is not stored outside the European Economic Area.
How long will we retain your information for? In this case, we retain your information only for as long as you continue to give your agreement to Active Norfolk communicating with you to keep you informed. You can withdraw this agreement at any time, and we will delete your contact details from our list.
Who we share your information with. We will only use your data within Active Norfolk to contact you for the purposes you have agreed to.
You have rights to
- Request access to your personal information held by Active Norfolk.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information
- Object to processing. You have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In this case, this would have the same effect as withdrawing your agreement, as above.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to exercise any of the rights referred to above, please contact Kristen Hall, Marketing and Communications Officer, Active Norfolk, The Tennis Centre, Easton & Otley College, Easton, Norfolk, NR9 5DX in writing.