Equality and Diversity
We are committed to equality, and operate within a culture and structure that recognises diversity and strives to be fair.
Equality in sport is about fairness, justice and equal access to opportunities. We are aware of the diverse needs of different groups within society, and we respond positively to eliminate discrimination.
Positive action will be used to redress inequalities and to maximise participation.
Our aims for sport and physical activity equality:
We will start striving for equality and diversity in sport by taking the following steps.
- Increase participation in sports/active leisure
- Promote inclusion
- Remove barriers in sports and for all sports in Norfolk to be fully accessible
- Best practice and equality training for clubs
- To work within the Social Model of Disability
- To promote empowerment, value, and choice
- Respect diversity e.g. religion, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, age, and disability
- Offer guidance, advice and support on equality issues
- Challenge discrimination and harassment in sport
- Promote equal opportunities
- Promote an environment that encourages positive attitudes
You can download our Equality Policy and Equality Recommendations below. If you are unable to access these or need help, get in touch with our team who will be happy to help.