Free training available for physical activity providers
Supporting people to age actively is more important now than ever.
Recent insight shows that the pandemic has impacted everyone hard, with older or more vulnerable people included in this.
This is why Active Norfolk are offering free training to all physical activity providers to help them engage and motivate adults in activity as they age.
These training sessions are free and open to anyone who works within the physical activity sector.
What does the training contain?
This training is designed for any physical activity providers working with adults, who would like to increase their knowledge and confidence to be able to engage and motivate adults in physical activity as they age.
By registering for a session, you will take part in a 90 minute virtual interactive training session led by PURE Training and Development. During this session, the following topics will be covered:
- Physical activity trends and ageing
- Barriers, motivations and experiences of adults as they age
- How opportunities can be made more inclusive for older adults and important considerations
- Marketing, imagery and how you communicate with this target audience
- Other available training to help you develop your knowledge and skills further
When are the sessions running?
To enable as many people as possible to access the training, Active Norfolk are offering the session on 3 different dates between January and March. The training will last for approximately 90 minutes on the following dates:
- Thursday 13th January, 7:00pm – 8.30pm
- Monday 7th February, 7:00pm – 8.30pm
- Tuesday 8th March, 7:00pm – 8:30pm
We intend to run more sessions in the future so if for any reason these dates and times don’t work for you, please get in touch to feedback on alternative times and days and register your interest for future sessions. You can register for one of the existing sessions by using the links below.
Register for a training session:
To sign up to attend one of the training dates shown above, click the link below to fill in the form. If you have any questions regarding the training, please contact [email protected]