Great Yarmouth Workplace Sustainable Travel Grant
This grants scheme is now closed for applications
What is the grant?
Active Workplaces is Active Norfolk's workplace physical activity programme. Working in partnership with Norfolk County Council on Pushing Ahead, Active Workplaces is looking to support organisations in Norwich and Great Yarmouth to promote walking and cycling and support active travel.
As part of this project, we would like to offer organisations (including schools) in Great Yarmouth, who have made a commitment to support active travel within their workplace, the opportunity to apply for a sustainable travel grant to help them encourage sustainable travel to and from work or reduce or eliminate the need to travel altogether.
What is available?
Great Yarmouth organisations are invited to apply for capital grants of up to £5,000 per organisation.
Organisations may apply for the full £5,000, however if the project or work has been quoted for and/or comes below £5,000, the lower amount will be awarded.
What can the money be used for?
Grants are available to be used for any physical feature within the grounds of the workplace that supports active travel. Organisations will be encouraged to be creative and innovative with their ideas for funding. A few examples might include, but are not limited to:
- Cycle storage
- Communication technology & IT equipment (i.e. smartphones, videoconferencing facilities, cloud software)
- Showers, lockers and changing room facilities
- Pool bikes, bicycle locks and gear for the office
- Electric charging points
Is my company eligible?
To be eligible to apply for this funding workplaces must:
- Be registered as a business with relevant VAT number etc. or a local authority, or a public service organisation e.g. NHS;
- Have a business bank account to which any funds (if successful) would be paid;
- Have fully completed an Active Workplaces expression of interest form and grant application form
- Have completed or be in the process of undertaking a staff travel survey (in partnership with Active Norfolk)
- Provide evidence of any planning application, should planning permission be required;
- Have a place of business in Great Yarmouth which employees work from (not a home address) and, if the property is leased, have approval from the landlord to implement the proposed measures;
- Have at least 2+ employees on your payroll based in Great Yarmouth;
- Be able to fully implement and invoice for the grant by 25th March 2019
- Be able to provide evidence of other funding sources, should the grant be used as match-funding for a larger project;
- Be able to provide evidence that the grant amount requested will be sufficient to deliver the project (through attaching quotes from suppliers).
How to apply:
Download an application form below or using the button at the top of the page, complete and email to Active Norfolk. All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14th December 2018.