We spend up to 60% of our waking hours at work. This makes the workplace a great place to introduce new habits and routines that boost health and well being.
How employers can reduce physical inactivity
- A Healthier Workplace Nuffield Health Whitepaper (PDF, 28.9 Mb)
This report compiles evidence of the impact and effectiveness of workplace health initiatives, building upon our original report produced in 2014.
- Health At Work Economic Evidence Report 2016 (PDF, 691 Kb)
An independent review into how employers can better support the mental health of all people currently in employment including those with mental health problems or poor well-being to remain in and thrive through work.
- Thriving At Work Stevenson Farmer Review (PDF, 1020 Kb)
Physical Activity & Stress in the Workplace
The Mental Health Foundation have produced a resource to help individuals manage their mental health at work, have an idea of how to reach out to a colleague in distress and how to work with others to make workplaces more mentally healthy for everyone.
- How To Support Mental Health At Work (PDF, 148 Kb)
A document produced by the Mental Health Foundation, which outlines methods for managing and reducing stress.
- How To Manage And Reduce Stress (PDF, 99 Kb)
A document produced by the Mental Health Foundation.
- Look After Your Mental Health Using Exercise (PDF, 92 Kb)
A toolkit for employers informed by an evidence review produced by Public Health England.
The second National Employee Mental Wellbeing Survey in partnership with YouGov, part of a three-year collaborative project with business and five national partners.
A report produced around the impact of physical activity on wellbeing
- Mental Health Foundation Lets Get Physical Report (PDF, 834 Kb)
A report produced by the Mental Health Foundation
- Stress Are We Coping Report (PDF, 2.4 Mb)