Active Norfolk Training Courses
Active Norfolk organises and provides a range of training courses across various sectors to inform and educate audiences on how physical activity can be leveraged to impact on a range of outcomes.
Below are some examples of the types of training opportunities we provide.
If you are interested in finding out more, or want to find out about future training dates, please contact the staff member listed.
Active Futures / Children and Young People Physical Activity Training
This FREE training is available to frontline professionals working with children and young people that want to learn more about the benefits of physical activity and opportunities that are available locally.
The sessions can be adapted in content and length of time (30 minutes – 2 hours) depending on the audience. Content will include:
- Overview of Active Norfolk
- Importance of physical activity to young people
- How much physical activity young people should take part in
- Introduction to Active Future – Cross agency strategy to promote physical activity and get more young people active
- How to signpost young people to high quality and suitable physical activity provision
If interested in arranging a training session for your organisation please get in touch with George Webster (firstname.lastname@example.org) 01603 731567 or Jo Thompson (email@example.com) 01603 732381
Maximise your PE and Sport Premium
A number of free courses have been arranged in partnership with Educator Solutions to oversee the increased opportunity, expectation and accountability for all primary schools with regard to the PE and Sport Premium.
By the end of the session delegates will:
- Be well informed of the purpose of the PE and Sport Premium and how it can impact on pupils
- Understand the role of the Governor when supporting the school to maximise their funding
- Be able to challenge and monitor the impact of the spend
- Understand the accountability measures, statutory duties and the funded support that is available.
Active Norfolk are available to run ssessions for full governing bodies or clusters upon request. Please email Jo Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org