Norfolk Sports Awards
The winners were announced on an excellent night that recognised the very best of sports and activity in Norfolk
The 2017 Norfolk Sports Awards took place on 14th November 2017 at the Banking Hall at Open in Norwich City Centre and was well-attended by sports groups and individuals from around the county.
On the night presenters Dave and Heidi from Heart Breakfast Show handed out prizes to 11 different winners who had each excelled in their own sport or activity over the past 12 months.
Scroll down to see all of this years winners and shortlisted finalists. Photos courtesy of Archant.
The Norfolk Sports Personality category was opened to public vote for the first time this year, and we are pleased to announce that over 2,000 votes were received. On the night, the prize went to world-class triathlete Kimberley Morrison.
Look out for our social media posts announcing when the 2018 are open for nominations.
Congratulations to all of or winners and shortlisted finalists.
- Sports Personality of the Year
- Young Sportsperson of the Year
- Sports Team of the Year
- Community Club of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- BBC Unsung Hero
- Services to Disability Sport
- The Active Futures Award
- Active Workplace of the Year
- The Power of Physical Activity Award
- Activity in the Community Award
Below are the categories and shortlisted finalists for each award. Please note that nominations have now closed and the winner of each category will be announced at the awards evening on Wednesday 14th October.
Scroll down to find out more about each category and view the finalists for each award.
Sports Personality of the Year
- Iona Lake (Athletics)
- Ryan Walsh (Boxing)
- Kimberley Morrison (Endurance Triathlon)
Tickets for the event are now on sale, and you are able to purchase tables of 10, tables of six or individual tickets for the event. Click on the button to the right to visit the event page.
- All organisations nominated must be based in Norfolk
- Nominees for "…….of the Year" categories will be assessed primarily on their achievements during the past year. The 'Year' runs from 1st October 2017 to 30th September 2018. Achievements beyond the past year may be considered if relevant
- Nominees for the BBC Unsung Hero category will be assessed on all relevant achievements and may be nominated for the regional and national BBC Award.
- Winners of the Norfolk awards may be put forward for regional or national awards (run by Sport England, BBC, sportscoachUK or other similar organisations) where corresponding categories exist.
Young Sports Personality of the Year
- Molly Lambert (Karate)
- Molly Thomas (Karate)
- Toby Booth (Kayaking)
The Power of Physical Activity Award
- Elliott Tolmie
- Larissa Smith
- Costas Eleftheriades
Activity in the Community Award
- Fitness Boxing
- Special Olympics Norfolk
- Sports Clubs and Hubs
Sports Team of the Year
- City of Norwich Under 15 Girls Cross Country team
- Norfolk Under 15 Girls Sportshall Athletics team
- Norfolk Under 13 Boys Cricket team
Community Club of the Year
- Retroskate (Rollerskating)
- Sprowston U16 Girls Football
- Tri-Anglia (Athletics)
Coach of the Year
- Chris Hemstock (Karate)
- Joe Stirling (Korfball)
- Tim & Pauline Ash (Athletics)
BBC Unsung Hero
- Kevin Raisborough (Running)
- Stuart Pontin (Kayaking)
- Cecil Page (Boxing)
Services to Disability Sport
- Carole Darnell (Shooting)
- Katie Warrent (Athletics)
- Jon Thaxton and Rachael Hutchinson for Fitness Boxing
Active School of the Year
- Avenue Junior School
- Aylsham High School
- Rollesby Primary School and Nursery
Active Workplace of the Year