YEAR 6 Sportivate funding (April 2016 - March 2017)
Young woman enjoying Sportivate kayaking
FOCUS FOR YEAR 6
Sport England has undertaken significant research into the challenge of growing youth participation in sport, it is expected that Sportivate delivery should reflect the findings of this research, better targeting the inactive or irregularly active young people to help grow youth participation. We will now be looking to 3 measures:
1) Completed – this is the old 'retained' target – the number of young people who attend 5 out of 6 sessions.
2) Inactive – this is a new measure – the % of the young people who 'complete' who when completing their registration forms report that in the last 28 days they have done 3 (or less) x 30mins of physical activity.
3) Sustained – the number of young people who reported themselves as inactive in the above measure who report themselves as active in a 3 month follow up study. Active is considered 4 (or more) x 30mins of physical activity in the last 28 days.
Successful applications will reflect this shift in focus and will demonstrate how they will target and engage inactive and irregularly active young people as well as how they will ensure regular activity will be sustained.
The Insight Pack is summarised below and there is also a document that looks at the different personalities connected to young people:-
To apply for Sportivate funding, please read through the Sportivate briefing sheet and following this, please complete an application form and an applicant's contact information form (if you are applying for the first time only).
BRIEFING SHEET - This has been produced to give applicants further detail on Sportivate funding and the application process. This includes the criteria that Sportivate projects must meet and a step by step guide to completing the application form.
- Sportivate Briefing Sheet Year 6 (MS Word, 955 Kb)
APPLICATION FORM - The Year 6 application form is now available and should be used to apply for funding to run projects during April 2016 - March 2017. Each form contains 6 activity tabs. Please do not rename the tabs or attempt to alter the application form in any way. If you would like to apply for more than 6 projects, please save the excel spreadsheet with a new name, e.g. "Chuckleball bids group 1", and open a new form to enter further projects.
- Year 6 Application Form Template (MS Excel, 165 Kb)
CONTACT INFORMATION FORM - Please complete this form with details of the main contact who represents the provider of the projects submitted. The provider is the lead organisation responsible for delivery, accountable for spending the funding, delivering the target and who will be signing the service level agreement with Active Norfolk if the application is successful.
Please note the contact information form only needs to be completed the first time an organisation applies for Sportivate funding.
- Sportivate Applicant Information Form (MS Word, 290 Kb)
Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline dates listed below:
Monday 18 January 2016 (9am) - For projects running in Quarter 1 and/or Quarter 2 (April 2016 - September 2016). You can also apply to run projects over the whole year
Monday 18 April 2016 - This Girl Can Themed deadline. To support projects starting from 'This Girl Can' in Norfolk week on the w/c 4 July 2016
Friday 12 August 2016 - Disability Themed deadline. To support focused projects in Quarter 3 and/or Quarter 4 (October 2016 - March 2017)
Monday 12 September 2016 – For projects running in Quarter 3 and/or Quarter 4 (October 2016 - March 2017)