Norfolk Sports Awards 2018
Wednesday 14th November
The Norfolk Sports Awards is the most esteemed event in Norfolk's sporting calendar.
Hosted by Active Norfolk, the Norfolk Sports Awards is a night to celebrate and reward the sporting excellence and physical activity achievements of our County.
On this page you can vote for your favourite Norfolk Sports Personality, and use the forms below to nominate those coaches, young athletes, clubs, sports teams, active workplaces and schools that you think deserve to be recognised and rewarded!
- Sports Personality of the Year
- Young Sportsperson of the Year
- Sports Team of the Year
- Community Club of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- BBC Unsung Hero
- Services to Disability Sport
- The Active Futures Award
- Active Workplace of the Year
- The Power of Physical Activity Award
- Activity in the Community Award
Vote for your Norfolk Sports Personality of the Year 2018
Having asked you for your nominations, our judges have narrowed the nominees for the Norfolk Sports Personality of the Year award down to just six candidates for public vote.
Now we're asking you to cast your vote for the athlete you think deserves to be crowned Norfolk Sports Personality of the Year 2018.
Please click on the images of the nominees below to find out more about the person and their individual achievements over the past year. Then cast your vote for the individual you would like to see crowned Norfolk Sports Personality 2018 using the form below, using your email address.
Vote using the form below
One vote per email address please! Multiple votes from the same email address will only be counted once.
Norfolk Sports Awards Nomination Categories
Below are the categories open for nomination.
Scroll down to see what categories are open for nomination this year, read the criteria. To make a nomination, click on the category title and you will link through to the nomination form. Fill out your nomination and our judging panel will review the nominees after the nomination process closes on 7th October.
Judges decisions are based on the quality of the description provided, not the number of nominations made!
• A team that has made great achievements in their sport or made great progress over time
• A club that has made great progress over time, has achieved a great deal, or has made a big difference to a community
• An inspirational coach who holds a current, recognised National Governing Body coaching qualification
• This should be someone who has dedicated their time and resource to encourage sports participation and development on a local level
• A volunteer who has made an outstanding contribution to local sport
• This could be an official, committee member, helper or anyone else who you feel deserves recognition for their dedication
• Please note – qualified coaches should be nominated for the 'Coach of the Year' award instead
• An individual who has gone to great lengths to raise the profile of disability sport within Norfolk
• An individual who has made great progress over time, has achieved a great deal or has made a big difference to disability sport in Norfolk
• This category can include disabled athletes; someone who has gained funding or helped provide opportunities for disabled athletes; or encouraged people with disabilities to get involved with sport
This award recognises settings working with children and young people aged 0-19 that are implementing the principles of Active Futures. This can include:
• Improving awareness of the importance of physical activity
• Improving the provision and experience of Norfolk's youth in sport, physical education, and physical activity
• Developing appropriate spaces for young people to be physically active
• Demonstrating effective use of Primary Premium funding to improve children and young people's physical competence and experience of PE
• Placing an emphasis on engaging those young people who are most likely to be inactive
• Demonstrating support for children and young people who want to progress to reach their potential through sport and physical activity
• An organisation that has increased physical activity levels through workplace health programmes or facilitating active travel. An organisation that has developed a culture and provision to enable employees to have more time and opportunity to take part in sport and physical activity as part of the working day (before, during and after work)
• An individual who has gone from being inactive to achieving a great deal in a sport or physical activity
• An inspiring individual who has overcome barriers to increase their level of physical activity to improve their health and wellbeing (that can be physical, mental, social, economic, or other form of wellbeing)
• A project that has brought or increased physical activity into a local community. This can be a sport or physical activity intervention that targets specific communities or groups, with the objective of improving participants' health and wellbeing through physical activity.
• A project that demonstrates how it helps participants overcome barriers to improve their health and wellbeing (that can be physical, mental, social, economic, or other form of wellbeing)
- All individuals nominated must either reside in Norfolk or be involved with a Norfolk sports organisation
- All organisations nominated must be based in Norfolk
- Nominees for "…….of the Year" categories will be assessed primarily on their achievements during the past year. The 'Year' runs from 1st October 2017 to 30th September 2018. Achievements beyond the past year may be considered if relevant
- Nominees for the BBC Unsung Hero category will be assessed on all relevant achievements and may be nominated for the regional and national BBC Award.
- Winners of the Norfolk awards may be put forward for regional or national awards (run by Sport England, BBC, sportscoachUK or other similar organisations) where corresponding categories exist.