Join the country’s biggest virtual running community
Posted: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 10:39
A new campaign aims to get more people than ever up and running using One You's Couch to 5k app.
Over half a million people have started using the app since the start of lockdown, following a 9-week running programme that makes it easy and fun for even complete beginners to become more active. Starting by running for just a minute at a time, the programme sets realistic expectations and makes the challenge feel achievable from the start.
The app features a choice of five great trainers to support and motivate you at every step of the way, telling you when to run and when to walk. You can pick your perfect coach from broadcaster and former Olympian Michael Johnson, comedians Sarah Millican and Sanjeev Kohli, BBC presenter Jo Whiley, and podcaster Laura.
One You Couch to 5K features:
- A flexible programme that can be completed in as little as 9 weeks
- Easy to follow countdown timer so you can see and hear how long you've got left of each run
- Works alongside your preferred music player, automatically 'dipping' the volumes so you can hear the instructions and motivations from your chosen trainer
- Signals a half-time bell, so you know when to head home
- Lets you track your progress and awards achievements as you move through the runs
- Lets you rate how you feel before and after each session to help acknowledge the immediate benefits of doing some physical activity
The app has also been updated to include the latest advice on social distancing.