Inspire activity at your work - new Active Workplaces Champion Training dates released and available to book now
Posted: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 14:53
The Active Workplaces Champion Training programme is back by popular demand to give more people the chance to come along and learn ways they can make a difference at work to the health and wellbeing of colleagues and themselves. The day courses are free to attend and run through a number of ways in which workplaces across Norfolk and beyond have brought physical activity into the workplace to improve health and wellbeing, attendances, fulfilment and cohesion among teams.
Two new dates for the training programmes have been released, with training taking place on Tuesday 16th July at The King's Centre in Norwich. Another session takes place in Great Yarmouth on Friday 19th July at the Kings Centre. Both sessions are sponsored by Pushing Ahead, the active travel initiative which aims to get people to build cycling and walking into their routine in Norwich and Great Yarmouth.
Course content will include:
- Introduction to the Active Workplaces programme
- The business case for an active workforce
- The benefits to employees of physical activity and active travel
- Supporting your employees' mental health through physical activity
- How to develop your own workplace physical activity and active travel programme
- Identifying and overcoming the barriers to success
- Opportunity to share good practice with other champions in attendance
If you would like to find out more about how to get involved in these workplace champion training sessions, please visit our workplace health page here - www.activenorfolk.org/i-want-to-promote-physical-activity