Women and Girls Cricket Development Officer
To work as a member of the SCB team and facilitate the growth of women and girls' cricket across Suffolk in line with the ECB/SCB “Inspiring Generations” strategy which aims to Transform Women & Girls Cricket.
- *Various locations around Suffolk*, IP12 1RT
- Contact Name
- Rob Jones
- Contact Email
- Placed On
- Tue 30th March, 2021
- 5:00pm - Fri 9th April, 2021
- Sport / Activity
About Women and Girls Cricket Development Officer
- Strategic leadership on the women and girls' participation programmes, in conjunction with Cricket Operations Manager and other members of the SCB Development Team
- Help formulate an action plan to grow women and girls' participation and volunteering across Suffolk.
Women & Girls Development
- Increase the number of clubs that provide a W&G offer (including sustainable softball cricket)
- Manage W&G "Club Champions"
- Influence and lead clubs to offer a W&G programme (including playing, coaching and volunteering opportunities).
- Work with new and existing W&G clubs to pull together appropriate development plans.
- Support Women and Girls volunteer growth (Coach Education, Officiating, Welfare and Courses)
- Develop innovative W&G programmes that will engage a new audience.
- Conduct 1-2-1 and group meetings with clubs.
- Work with schools' lead to drive Girl's cricket in primary and secondary schools
- Develop key stakeholder relationships (eg Active Suffolk, Local authorities, other sports etc)
- Respond to emails and phone calls.
Administration, Support and Delivery
- Setup SCB Women's Softball Festivals / League
- Setup new W&G offers as appropriate.
- Support ECB National Programmes (All Stars / Dynamos)
- Identify and develop cluster club projects across Suffolk
- Offer ongoing review and support.
- Chance to Shine (primary & secondary schools) delivery.
- Attend SCB meetings as required.
- Attend and support club sessions as and when required.
- Liaise with other SCB staff working on projects to ensure awareness of all opportunities to promote the W&G game
- 30 Hours per week (4 days per week, with opportunity for 5 days a week during summer months)
- Flexibility required. Including evenings and possibly weekend working.
- Travel to different locations within Suffolk
Competencies / Experience required
- A passion for getting more women and girls active
- Awareness of the barriers of getting more W&G active
- Knowledge of cricket or sports club environment
- Willingness / confidence to challenge established thinking.
- Ideally experience conducting 1-2-1 and group meetings
- Coaching experience an advantage but not essential
- Ability to think innovatively to develop appropriate solutions.
- Ability to identify needs and match with relevant opportunities
- Able to work on your own and / or part of a team as required.
- Work to agreed national targets.
- Good IT, planning, organisational and communication skills
- Adaptable and persistent
- Ability to broker new relationships.
- Professional approach.
- Valid Driving Licence (own car required)
- If no recognised ECB Level 2 or equivalent Coaching qualification, a commitment to attend and achieve ECB Foundation 1 competency (within 12 months)
- The successful candidate(s) will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service Check
- £16,000 (Per annum)
- Initially fixed 2-year contract (3 month probation)
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Travel and work related Expenses
- References may be requested
Please forward a covering letter, stating your suitability and vision for the role, and CV, to Rob Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Closing date for applications is Friday 9th April 2021 at 5pm. Interviews will be held online on either Thursday 15th or Friday 16th April 2021.
Active Norfolk is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.