Inspire Coach (Maternity Cover)
Who We Are Leicestershire is made up of vibrant, ambitious and resilient communities. Leicester City in the Community support these groups, and the people within them, through exciting programmes with a passionate and dedicated team at its core. We aim to Engage, Inspire and Empower through Togetherness, Respect and Pride, changing lives and transforming communities. Leicester City in the Community has a fantastic opportunity for an Inspire Coach to join our dynamic team and a fixed term basis to cover maternity leave.
- Leicester, LE2 7FL
- Contact Email
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Thu 17th December, 2020
- 11:45pm - Sun 17th January, 2021
About Inspire Coach (Maternity Cover)
About The Role
The 'Inspire' Programme' is a targeted programme delivered in secondary schools in and around Leicestershire. The purpose of Inspire is to work with young people who have been identified to be at risk of becoming disengaged.
Using a range of innovative interventions, Inspire Coaches work within schools to develop and increase confidence, motivation, aspirations and attendance.
Through one-on-one support and small group sessions, our coaches identify barriers to learning and create extra-curricular opportunities to re-engage young people with mainstream education.
Part of the programme is delivered in conjunction with the Prince's Trust Achieve clubs, which work with young people to achieve their potential and make positive decisions for their own futures.
Who We're Looking For
If you are passionate about supporting young people to reach their potential, creative in your approach and an excellent communicator - we want to hear from you.
Skills required for success:
- Ability to empower young people to overcome potential barriers to education
- Experience in creating strong and appropriate relationships, with internal and external partners
- Ability to encourage, motivate and enthuse young people to participate, promoting positive attitudes towards education
- Ability to work on own initiative, providing alternative learning opportunities for young people
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience working within an educational setting
- Must satisfy relevant pre-employment checks including enhanced DBS check
- Ability to travel regularly across multiple sites
Active Norfolk is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.