Health & Physical Activity Officer (Graduate Post)
As a member of team focussing on our health programmes you will work closely with four key partner organisations; LiveWell Dorset, Public Health Dorset, Dorset CCG and Dorset ICS. You will play a key role in seeking opportunities in local health systems and care pathways where we can embed physical activity and behaviour change through a system change approach.
- £22,000 to £24,000
- Full Time
- Active Dorset Community Interest Company
- Placed On
- Mon 21st September, 2020
- 12:00am - Sun 4th October, 2020
About Health & Physical Activity Officer (Graduate Post)
Remuneration: £22,000 - £24,000
Post details: Full time - 37 hours per week - Fixed Term until 31st March 2022
Reports to: Deputy Chief Executive
Location: Flexible; Offices located in Bournemouth, Weymouth, Dorchester
Deadline for applications: Midnight Sunday 4th October
As a member of the team focussing on our health programmes you will work closely with four key partner organisations; LiveWell Dorset, Public Health Dorset, Dorset CCG and Dorset ICS. You will play a key role in seeking opportunities in local health systems and care pathways where we can embed physical activity and behaviour change through a system change approach.
Key duties will include;
- Building relationships with partners/stakeholders and identifying key contacts.
- To organise and deliver successful wellbeing and 'Picnic in the Park' events in partnership with the Local Nature Partnership and Stepping into Nature.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships through regular communication via phone, email and virtual meetings with key project partners and local stakeholders.
- To support the project manager and project officers to deliver health programmes meeting key deadlines and timescales.
- To keep accurate records, providing regular updates/information as required for reports and monitoring.
- Working with local providers of social prescribing and health coaching to embed physical activity in their services.
- Identify opportunities to embed physical activity in primary and secondary care pathways.
- Assisting with the planning and organising of training courses for both professionals and volunteers. To include Royal Society of Public Health training courses and PHE clinical champions training courses.
- To assist in improving the physical activity pathway at LiveWell Dorset, identifying training needs and actively promoting the service.
- Play a positive role in seeing that Slade's pavilion is an accessible and usable facility for all park users and a vibrant hub of physical activity. This role includes opening and closing the facility on a rota basis, general duties such as answering queries from pavilion users, and supporting clubs and organisations to activate the park.
- The successful candidate(s) will spend time at Active Dorset offices in Bournemouth but will also be required work at partner sites; LiveWell Dorset in Weymouth, Public Health Dorset and Clinical Commissioning Group offices in Dorchester.
- We are fortunate enough to work from Slades Pavilion in Slades Park, a fantastic green open space with office views of the park and plenty of opportunity to fit some activity into your working day.
Active Norfolk is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.