Health & Physical Activity Officer
As a member of the team focussing on our health programmes you will work closely with four key partner organisations; LiveWell Dorset, Public Health Dorset, Dorset CCG and Dorset ICS. You will play a key role in seeking opportunities in local health systems and care pathways where we can embed physical activity and behaviour change through a system change approach.
- £25,000 to £29,000
- Full Time
- Active Dorset Community Interest Company
- Placed On
- Mon 21st September, 2020
- 12:00am - Sun 4th October, 2020
About Health & Physical Activity Officer
Remuneration: £25,000 - £29,000
Post details: Full time - 37 hours per week - Permanent
Reports to: Deputy Chief Executive
Location: Flexible; Offices located in Bournemouth, Weymouth, Dorchester
Deadline for applications: Midnight Sunday 4th October
As a member of the team focussing on our health programmes you will work closely with four key partner organisations; LiveWell Dorset, Public Health Dorset, Dorset CCG and Dorset ICS.
You will play a key role in seeking opportunities in local health systems and care pathways where we can embed physical activity and behaviour change through a system change approach.
Key duties will include:
- Building relationships with partners/stakeholders and identifying key contacts.
- To organise and deliver successful wellbeing and 'Picnic in the Park' events in partnership with the Local Nature Partnership and Stepping into Nature.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships through regular communication via phone, email and virtual meetings with key project partners and local stakeholders.
- To support the project manager to deliver the project plan meeting key deadlines and timescales.
- To keep accurate records, providing regular updates/information as required for reports and monitoring.
- Working with local providers of social prescribing and health coaching to embed physical activity in their services.
- Identify opportunities to embed physical activity in primary and secondary care pathways.
- Planning and organising regular training courses across the county, for both professionals and volunteers. To include
;Royal Society of Public Health training courses and PHE clinical champions training courses.
- To improve the physical activity pathway in the LiveWell service, identifying training needs and to actively promote the service.
- Play a positive role in seeing that Slade's pavilion is an accessible and usable facility for all park users and a vibrant hub of physical activity. This role includes opening and closing the facility on a rota basis, general duties such as answering queries from pavilion users, and supporting clubs and organisations to activate the park.
- The successful candidate(s) will spend time at Active Dorset offices in Bournemouth but will also be required work at partner sites; LiveWell Dorset in Weymouth, Public Health Dorset and Clinical Commissioning Group offices in Dorchester.
- We are fortunate enough to work from Slades Pavilion in Slades Park a fantastic green open space with office views of the park and plenty of opportunity to fit some activity into your working day.
active-dorset-health-and-physical-activity-officer-sept-2020.pdf (PDF, 178.4 Kb)
Active Norfolk is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.