Sports Development Officer
Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport (LRS) is a partnership organisation working together to make Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland the most sporting and physically active place in England.
- £27,936 - £31,377 per annum - Grade 10
- Full Time
- Leicester-Shire & Rutland Sport
- Placed On
- Thu 17th September, 2020
- 11:45pm - Sun 27th September, 2020
- Job Reference
- Interview Date
- Mon 5th October, 2020
About Sports Development Officer
LRS is renowned as one of the strongest Active Partnerships in the country, we currently have an exciting opportunity to work within our dynamic and exciting team based at SportPark, Loughborough University.
We are seeking to recruit a Sports Development Officer for 12 months to manage and support the delivery and development of programmes linked to the Ambition and Foundation areas of the LRS Physical Activity and Sport Strategy, in order to reduce inactivity and increase participation within physical activity and sport.
Examples of projects (although not a definitive list) include:
- Developing a targeted approach to raise physical activity in low participating groups and settings (e.g. Long Term Conditions)
- Developing referral pathways to enable entry into appropriate physical activity and sport opportunities (e.g. Exercise Referral)
- Developing and delivering relevant physical activity and sport campaigns to reduce inactivity and increase participation
- Encouraging everyone to embed regular, informal physical activity and sport opportunities into their daily family lives
With a relevant BTEC higher/NVQ4 or degree you will have a proven track record of working in Physical Activity / Sport / Health and or Community Development.
You will also have: experience / knowledge of:
- Project management; successfully managing large scale sport / physical activity / health / community projects / initiatives and programmes.
- National, regional and local physical activity / sport / health policies
- Working in partnership; providing development support and advice to a range of partner organisations and the ability to influence and negotiate with partners.
- The ability to support and mentor staff and volunteers and the ability to enthuse, motivate and enable others to achieve results.
- Working with non sport partners eg. health, police, youth service, and young offenders and how wider issues relate to physical activity and sport.
- Monitoring and evaluating programmes / initiatives, communicating effectively with all stakeholders.
If you feel you have the right skills and passion for this area of work we would like to hear from you by completing an application form.
Closing date for applications: 27th September 2020
Interviews will be held on W/c 5th October 2020
To apply for this post please click on the link below.
2020-sdo-generic-jd-pspec.pdf (PDF, 271.5 Kb)
Active Norfolk is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.