Join Living Well Taking Control in delivering the Healthier You NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme, helping members of your local community to reduce their risk of Type 2 diabetes!
- Contact Name
- Indie Dhariwal
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- £30,000 to £40,000
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Tue 8th September, 2020
- 12:00am - Fri 25th September, 2020
About Locality Coach
Living Well Taking Control (LWTC) is a joint venture between charities Health Exchange and Westbank Care Services to provide Pre-type 2 diabetes services. The vision of the partners is to grow both vertically and horizontally increasing our area of business throughout England. LWTC is investing in and operating nationally to deliver the National Diabetes Prevention Programme.
LWTC intends to deliver high quality, efficient, cost effective services, targeted at the specified requirements but sympathetic to the changing needs of its clients, commissioners and the local community.
National Diabetes Prevention Programme
A national prevention programme to enable people at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes to make sustainable lifestyle changes which should result in them not being diagnosed as a diabetic.
We have vacancies across Nottinghamshire, but are particularly interested in candidates residing within and surrounding the following areas: Mansfield, Neward-on-Trent, and Nottingham.
Locality Coach – Key Attributes (What are we looking for)
· A self-starter who wants to make a difference and help individuals within their community to improve their overall wellbeing
· Has an entrepreneurial attitude to work and deliver desired outcomes
· Wants control over their earning ability and be rewarded for their hard work.
· Wants to work within their local community, providing support and working with local people.
· Enjoys organisation planning their own workload.
· Ability to deliver the programme to participants remotely via videoconferencing services and in local community locations once it is safe to do so.
Is it desirable to be fluent in one of the following languages: Punjabi, Polish, Urdu, Kurdish or Latvian.
Locality Coach – What do we offer (become your own boss)
· Excellent earning potential with a guaranteed monthly retainer plus rewards for hard work and meeting targets with incentive reward for retaining participants on the course.
· Support to set up what in effect is your own business with administration, tax planning and management support and training.
· Have more control over your own working environment by having a better work life balance
· Ability to work hours that suit you, your family and patients
· A consistent and guaranteed flow of patient referrals, ensuring you'll have sufficient activity
Living Well Taking Control – What do we supply
· Excellent paid comprehensive training, support with ongoing development and running sessions.
· Fully funded provision of all equipment required to deliver sessions such as weighing scales and health promotion demonstration materials
· Locality Coaches are provided with fully funded IT equipment such laptops, Mobile phones and Broadband with technical support where needed.
· Support provided by local Support Officers – available to meet locality coaches needs and aid in finding and providing suitable venues for patient sessions.
· Business support and guidance from the central Finance team
· Support from a dedicated regional Compliance & GP Liaison Officer who will help connect and set up primary care networks across your locality.
· Provision of central marketing and media support to help deliver locality based Website, Social Media campaigns and printed documents such as leaflets.
Where does this happen
Locality Coaches will be responsible for delivering diabetes prevention programmes within a defined geographical area based around activity levels. Ensuring patients received an effective, researched and beneficial service.
Active Norfolk is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.