School Sport, Health & Well-Being Apprentice
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a School Sport, Health & Wellbeing Apprentice. This position is for enthusiastic and energetic individuals looking to enter a career in sports coaching and/or teaching.
- Various across Leicestershire, LE11 3QF
- Contact Telephone
- £4.15 per hour
- Placed On
- Tue 5th May, 2020
- 12:00am - Fri 29th May, 2020
About School Sport, Health & Well-Being Apprentice
All School Sport Apprentices will study towards the Level 3 Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport. Apprentices will undergo a training course at Loughborough College which will start on Monday 20th July 2020 to prepare for the school environment whilst receiving additional training/qualifications.
As a School Sport, Health & Wellbeing Apprentice, you will need to understand how to plan and deliver coaching sessions. You will also need to inspire, motivate and enthuse your students. Below are the main roles you will be expected to carry out during your apprenticeship.
- Support the provision of high quality sports coaching during and after school
- Involve all children in physical education and adapting lessons to children with different abilities
- Give feedback to students on performance and help them to improve techniques and understanding
- Improve links with other local schools and partners to help with competitive sport and physical activity provision
- Increase physical activity levels within the school (both pupils and staff)
- Increase physical activity during break and lunchtimes
- Assist with the improvement of staff development within the area of PE and school sport
- Support the PE Coordinator regarding intra and inter school events
- Assist the school in its day to day duties (support classroom activities and the school environment)
- Plan fun, engaging coaching activities, sessions and programmes in a safe environment
- Managing coursework set through studying the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport.
The Apprenticeship (Level 3) comprises of:
- Level 3 Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of PE and School Sport
- Level 3 BTEC in Employment Awareness
- Level 3 Certificate in Sports Leadership (Sports Leaders UK)
- Functional Skills - Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
- First aid and safeguarding children in sport
- NGB level 1 coaching certificate
For further information and details on how to apply please click on the link below.
Active Norfolk is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.