Competition Manager (Maternity Cover)
Boccia England is a registered charity and the National Governing Body (NGB) for boccia in England. We are responsible for all aspects of the sport in England, and are dedicated to improving the physical and emotional well-being of children and adults with disabilities through boccia. We are currently recruiting a Competition Manager on a fixed-term maternity cover contract. Joining our small staff team and reporting to the Head of Development, this role will be responsible for promoting and delivering the Boccia England competition programme, ensuring high quality events which promote participation and where appropriate enable pathway talent identification.
- Nottingham with Nationwide travel, NG9 2RS
- Contact Name
- Business Support Manager
- Contact Telephone
- 0115 9678455
- Contact Email
- £20,400 to £25,170 per annum dependent on experience
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Wed 25th September, 2019
- 12:00pm - Fri 25th October, 2019
- Sport / Activity
About Competition Manager (Maternity Cover)
As Competition Manager, your key duties will be:
- Leading the Boccia England competition programme, including the development of the strategic plan;
- Promote competition pathways to new and existing players/clubs/organisations.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of competition programmes on participation and other Boccia England measures, through a dashboard of measurable participation metrics.
- Co-ordinate venue sourcing, booking and provision of relevant competition information.
- Prepare project reports and budgets.
We are looking for an individual with an educational qualification in a sports related subject who has:
- A good knowledge of event and competition management
- Experience of organising events and competitions at national, regional and local level
- Knowledge of the national sport landscape
- Knowledge of disability sport and the implications for disabled athletes and service delivery
- Experience of managing resources related to events and competitions
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to be proactive;
- Ability to work on their own initiative;
- Ability to travel independently and work weekends.
We want to hear from people who are able to make a positive contribution to our charity and who will bring new ideas and insight. It's an exciting position in a friendly and supportive working environment.
We positively welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds and with disabilities.
Boccia England is fully committed to the principles of the equality of opportunity. It is responsible for ensuring that no job applicant, employee or volunteer receives less favourable treatment, on the grounds of age, colour, disability, ethnic minority, parental or marital status, nationality, religious belief, gender, social status or sexual preference, than any other.
Active Norfolk is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.