Development Officer (Clubs & Safeguarding)
Boccia England is a registered charity and the National Governing Body (NGB) for boccia in England. We are now recruiting a full-time, permanent Development Officer to be responsible for coordinating the implementation of Boccia England’s club development programme and act as Safeguarding Officer.
- Nottingham, NG9 2RS
- Contact Name
- Anne-Marie Ward
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- £18,400 to £20,400 plus benefits
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Tue 20th August, 2019
- 12:00am - Thu 19th September, 2019
- Sport / Activity
About Development Officer (Clubs & Safeguarding)
Boccia England is a registered charity and the National Governing Body (NGB) for boccia in England. We are responsible for all aspects of the sport in England from beginner to expert, providing for all levels of participation and are dedicated to improving the physical and emotional well-being of children and adults with disabilities through boccia.
We are now recruiting a full-time, permanent Development Officer to join our small staff team. Reporting to the Head of Development, this role will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of Boccia England's club development programme by supporting clubs in the development and maintenance of a strong club infrastructure on a national level. Additionally, this role will act as Safeguarding Officer, coordinating day to day safeguarding matters, escalating to the CEO where appropriate.
As Development Officer, your key duties will be:
- Coordinating, promoting and implementing our club development programme and Boccia England membership;
- Developing and maintaining strong club infrastructures through accreditation, club forums and supporting club volunteers;
- Coordinating safeguarding across the organisation ensuring a consistent approach across all work areas;
- Coordinating and assisting with a variety of boccia and club events throughout the year, including National Boccia Day and assisting at Boccia England competitions.
We are looking for an individual with knowledge of club development and safeguarding who has:
- Knowledge of disability sport;
- Knowledge of volunteering;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to be proactive;
- Ability to work on their own initiative;
- Ability to travel independently.
We want to hear from people who are able to make a positive contribution to our charity and who will bring new ideas and insight. It's an exciting position in a friendly and supportive working environment.
We positively welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds and with disabilities.
Further information can be found on our website https://www.bocciaengland.org.uk/job-opportunities.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant knowledge and experience, and what you could bring to our team to email@example.com, or post to Business Support Manager, Boccia England, Media House, Padge Road, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 2RS.
Boccia England is fully committed to the principles of the equality of opportunity. It is responsible for ensuring that no job applicant, employee or volunteer receives less favourable treatment, on the grounds of age, colour, disability, ethnic minority, parental or marital status, nationality, religious belief, gender, social status or sexual preference, than any other.
development-officer-(clubs-safeguarding).pdf (PDF, 139.4 Kb)
Active Norfolk is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.