Duty Manager - Wymondham Leisure Centre
Can you make a difference? Do you enjoy sport, exercise, wellbeing and thrive on being part of a busy team working a range of shifts and dealing with the public? Want to work at a successful and popular facility that serves over 500,000 users per year?
- Wymondham Leisure Centre, NR18 0NT
- Contact Name
- Rob Adams
- Contact Telephone
- 01953 607171
- £22,402 to £25,463 per annum
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Mon 11th March, 2019
- 11:30pm - Mon 18th March, 2019
- Job Reference
- Interview Date
- Wed 27th March, 2019
About Duty Manager - Wymondham Leisure Centre
What you could be part of…
The leisure centre is thriving after the significant investment made by South Norfolk District Council in 2016. Three years later footfall has increased by 55% and products such as fitness memberships, swim school and general activities has increased beyond expectations. We are now looking for a Duty Manager to head up the pool team and drive the business to maximise the potential of the site and improve the health and fitness of our residents.
Working at South Norfolk Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people's lives.
What you'll be doing…
- Managing and motivating a team of contracted and casual fitness officers to deliver; inductions, programmes and fitness advice.
- Manage an extensive studio exercise programme to ensure that it delivers satisfaction for the customers and value for money for SNC. This will include the monitoring and development of the programme to cater with the customers needs.
- Implementing retention initiatives to assist member engagement.
- Ensure the gyms and studios are maintained to a high standard and that hygiene standards are maintained at all times.
- Working with the General Manager to ensure the facilities remain Health and Safety Compliant.
- Managing rotas and budgets to ensure the department remains within budget and operationally sound.
- Working alongside the designated Team Leader to deliver excellent customer service within the fitness team.
You must have…
A passion for excellent customer service in a leisure/sporting environment. A willingness to undertake professional development specific to the facilities. You must have good attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with our customers. A sound understanding of social media and how it can be used to promote the service is also a key aspect of this post.
A National Lifeguard Qualification and First Aid at work must be achieved within 6 months of employment if not currently held.
What's in it for you…
Our current package includes employer pension contributions of 15%, performance related pay up to 4%, 23 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees), compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need. As a Platinum Investors in People you will have regular reviews with your line manager and a personal development plan.
You may still have questions and can contact Rob Adams on 01953 607171 to answer these for you.
Please apply online for this role on our website: https://www.norfolkjobsdirect.org/southnorfolk
Closing date: 18 March 2019
Interview Date: 27 March 2019
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
jd---duty-manager-final-v1.pdf (PDF, 71.2 Kb)
Active Norfolk is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.