Retail Contracts Manager
Aston Villa Football Club have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Retail Contracts Manager to join the Commercial Department.
- Villa Park, B66HE
- Contact Name
- Charlotte Buckell
- Contact Telephone
- 0121 327 5400
- Contact Email
- £30,000 to £40,000 per annum
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Thu 14th February, 2019
- 12:00am - Mon 25th February, 2019
- Sport / Activity
About Retail Contracts Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving development and maintaining strong effective relationships with the Club's retail partner. Reporting into the Chief Commercial Officer, this role will play a vital role in expanding retail revenues and ensuring the Aston Villa brand is protected by producing quality products.
- Management and delivery of the Fanatics contract in accordance with the key terms and key deliverables.
- Responsibility for delivering of the UK retail strategy through our retail partner looking at new opportunities/channels and a clear understanding of the store operations and Online functions.
- Responsible for setting and managing the retail P&L.
- Working with our retail partner to oversee product development and the approval process to ensure that AVFC merchandise is innovative and of the highest quality to drive revenue.
- Oversee the official kit approvals and launches, ensuring they are managed in a timely and effective manner and that all relevant stakeholders are appropriately consulted.
- Working with our Retail partner to develop string relationships with external retail buyers and market place contacts to grow the AVFC sales, seek out new opportunities and maintain visibility in UK and overseas markets.
- Working with the Marketing Manager, Head of Digital, Head of Data/Insight and retail partner to increase traffic, streamlining user journeys, offering multiple payment & language options and optimsing conversion.
- Work with Retail Contracts Executive to ensure all kit orders are managed and delivered on time.
- Analysing sales figures daily and generate weekly management dashboards and sales reports.
- Working with Retail Partner to ensure that service levels are achieved and looking for ways to improve standards.
Key Skills and Experience required
- Track record of driving sales growth in a retail focused environment
- Experience of product production process
- Proven ability to analyse previous sales behaviour and market trends to deliver revenue growth
- Proven track record of sourcing new business
- Strong commercial acumen
- Understanding of merchandising planning
- Proactive with the ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- A confident communicator capable of inspiring strong collaboration with the club
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Report writing
- Experience of working in highly confidential environments
- Able to display tact and diplomacy
- Advanced Excel skills desirable
Aston Villa Football Club celebrates the diversity of its Club and its supporters. As part of this, Aston Villa Football Club is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
To allow us to monitor this, we ask all applicants to complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form available at https://www.avfc.co.uk/club/careers. All information provided will be treated in confidence and will not be seen by staff directly involved in the appointment. The questionnaire will be detached from your application form, stored separately and used only to provide statistics for monitoring purposes.
Active Norfolk is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.