Promote physical activity in your workplace
We'd all like to be a little healthier but considering we spend 60% of our waking hours at work on average, it can feel difficult to find time for physical activity. That's why finding a way to be active in and around the working day is becoming increasingly important. Through our Active Workplaces programme, we want to help change the culture in Norfolk workplaces so that active working increasingly becomes the norm and where employers empower their employees to move more.
To help us influence this change, we are looking to 'recruit' individuals in workplaces across the county. Whether your role is in accounts, HR, manufacturing, marketing or IT, you sit in an office or work on a production line, you can make a difference to your own health and the health of your colleagues by becoming an Active Norfolk Workplace Physical Activity Champion.
If you have an enthusiasm for helping people to become more active and the desire to integrate initiatives in your workplace, Active Norfolk can equip you with the tools, opportunities and knowledge needed to make a real difference within your organisation:
Upcoming Active Workplaces Champion Training Sessions
Benefits for Active Workplaces Champions
- Increase your knowledge and get ideas – Attend our free, one day, champion training course, designed to provide workplace champions with valuable information, advice and support to help you improve the lives of your colleagues through physical activity and active travel
- Resources and contacts – Access guidance documents, reports and toolkits as well as information on key local and national initiatives and organisations through our resources webpage
- Keep up-to-date – Sign up to our monthly newsletter updates to receive all the latest information on training opportunities, events, grant funding, challenges and much more
- Enjoy opportunities for regular active team-building opportunities – Our Active Workplaces Event Calendar provide twice monthly events for you and your colleagues to enjoy
- Games aren't just for kids! – Get your workplace involved in our annual Business Games event
- Receive support – If you would like some further guidance our designated project officer is on hand to help (contact details below)
Workplace Physical Activity Project Officer
- Workplace health project lead
- Locality Support Officer - North Norfolk
- 01603 731569