Did you know that physically active people take 27% fewer days off work sick, are more productive and are generally more motivated while at work?
With obesity levels in Norfolk at 20% and climbing, encouraging sport and physical activity around the working day is a great way to impact on the performance of your organisation whilst improving the lives of your employees, and Active Norfolk's Fit4Work programme, supported by Norfolk County Council Public Health, is here to help.
What is Active Norfolk Fit4Work?
Fit4Work is a project that aims to promote the benefits of a healthy and active lifestyle to employees. It is a 'hands on' project - it will provide your organisation with activities for your employees to be involved in, rather than just guidance and advice.
What does the Fit4Work project offer?
The Active Norfolk Fit4Work project offers the following:
- Fortnightly newsletter - our regular communication keeps you and your employees up-to-date with information on health initiatives, Fit4Work competitions and local sport and physical opportunities.
- Access to the Workplace Challenge website and smartphone app - a national programme funded by Sport England which enables employees to record their sport and physical activity online.
- Active Norfolk Corporate Games - our annual sports day for adults!
- Fit4Work Competition Calendar - lots of opportunities for your organisation to take part in organised activities.
- Support for your organisation to encourage Active Travel.
What are the benefits of being involved in Fit4Work?
Get active, relieve stress and build team spirit
Physically active people take fewer days off sick. Signing up to the Fit4Work programme can impact on:
- Sickness and absence
- Staff turnover
- Employee satisfaction
- Company profile
- Workplace motivation, morale and much more
- Ultimately it can maximise benefits to an employer by increasing productivity
Who can get involved in Fit4Work?
Any organisation of any size can be involved with the project, from the public, private or voluntary sector. From manufacturers to call centres, retail to schools; we can offer something for everyone.
Thrive Tribe - from 1st April 2017
Want to make a difference to workplace health and wellbeing where you work?
Thriving Workplaces are delivering a contract for a county-wide workplace health service in Norfolk. They can provide your organisation with free analysis and support, including training to become a workplace health champion.
For more information visit www.thrivingworkplaces.org.uk. Active Norfolk will be working with Thrive Tribe to support Norfolk workplaces to be more active through their Fit4Work programme'
Upcoming Fit4Work Events
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2017 (20:15 - 22:15)
Location: UEA Sportspark , University of East Anglia , Norwich Research Park, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7TJ
Try something different and enter your workplace into this fit and friendly Handball competition.
Workplace Physical Activty Project Officer
My role at Active Norfolk is to lead on our workplace physical activity programme; supporting organisations in Norfolk to create more active, productive, healthier and happier working environments.
I joined Active Norfolk in 2009, I have previously worked on Sport Unlimited and Sportivate, two Children and Young People programmes, before moving to my current role in September 2014.
Outside of work, I enjoy walking in the countryside, playing badminton, reading and when the budget allows a bit of overseas travel!
- 01603 731 569