Disability Pride 2020
Active Norfolk is delighted to support Disability Pride 2020 in partnership with Norfolk Disability Pride and Equal Lives, with a week of free, inclusive online activities from 14th to 20th September.
We also hosted two pre-recorded activity videos each day, which you can access now on demand via our Disability Pride 2020 Playlist on Youtube.
Whilst you're here, take a look at our webinar explaining how and why to get active, and a webinar for professionals working with people with disabilities to support them to get active.
Disability Pride is still live, with more great activities and sessions lined up. Find out what's on at www.norfolkdisabilitypride.org.uk/
Physical Activity Webinars
Are you up to speed with how physical activity can support people living with disabilities?
We have recorded two webinars that explain the benefits of physical activity and can help you make the most of local opportunities to get active, and support others to be active.
Please note if you wish to access these webinars you will need to register using the links below:
Let's Talk Funding
Active Norfolk's Rich Hoey speaks to Jason Kercher from Equal Lives.
This pre-recorded conversation covers:
- The Disability Pride activities
- How the coronavirus pandemic has impacted the work of Equal Lives and how they're working to overcome these challenges
- The award Equal Lives has received from Sport England's Tackling Inequalities Fund and how they plan to use this funding to support disabled people in Norfolk to get active
- Overview of resources to support people to be active safely
- How organisations can apply for Tackling Inequalities Funding, and other support offers from Active Norfolk
Sports Development Officer
- Safeguarding lead
- Disability sport
- On The Move
- This Girl Can
- Sport for Change
- Locality Support Officer - Norwich
- 01603 731 566