About Active Norfolk
Active Norfolk, launched on 1st November 2006, is one of 44 County Sports Partnerships created by Sport England and tasked with increasing the levels of participation in sport and physical activity across the county.
Our role is to provide a coherent and structured approach to the development of sport and physical activity in Norfolk through a strong and integrated partnership with different groups across the county. This ranges from statutory health bodies, local government, health and well-being charities, to the individuals and groups at the heart of our communities such as sports clubs and coaches, to increase physical activity levels across the county, and support Norfolk residents to lead healthy and active lifestyles.
Active Norfolk is funded mainly by Sport England but also receives funding and support from the County Council and each of the seven Local Authorities in Norfolk.
Active Norfolk's primary role from Sport England has recently been updated to encompass the following core areas of work:
- Understanding the needs and issues of the population of Norfolk
- Growing our partnerships across all three sectors to maximise reach and impact
- Assisting Sport England to successfully land local investment
- Supporting local government to achieve key objectives through increasing physical activity levels
To see our latest Impact Reports, visit the Strategies section of our website.
- Active Norfolk Annual Report 2014 (PDF, 13.4 Mb)