Tennis or lawn tennis is a racquet sport. It enjoys a long and proud history.
An Overview of Tennis
Tennis or lawn tennis is a racquet sport. It enjoys a long and proud history. The game has evolved - it's now an Olympic Sport. The rules of the modern game are easy to learn. It's played between either two players (singles) or two teams of two players (doubles). Players use the racquet to this the ball over the net into the opponent's court.
Tennis can be a great workout and lots of fun. Playing tennis has many health benefits including:
- increasing cardiovascular fitness
- lowering blood pressure
- improving muscle tone, strength and flexibility
- increasing reaction times
Visit the LTA all play tennis website to find your nearest court
- Rackets (Use a racket that is the right size)
- Shoes (You can play tennis in whatever shoes you are comfortable in)
- Clothing (Whatever you feel most comfortable in)
- Andy Murray became the first British man to be crowned Wimbledon champion in 77 years in 2013.
Find Tennis Activities Near You
Use the search below to find local activities near you.
National Governing Bodies
- Contact Name
- General Information
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 020 8487 7000