Community Sport Networks
What are they?
Community Sports Networks (CSNs) are an essential part of the Sport England Delivery System for Community Sport and an integral component of Active Norfolk. At a very basic level CSNs are a locally co-ordinated network whose core functions are: -
- Increasing participation in sport and physical activity
- Widening access to opportunities
Typically CSNs are a group of local delivery agents, generally marked by a Local Authority boundary and usually led by the Local Authority. They have a balanced membership of local stakeholders from the voluntary, public and private sectors. The focus is on identifying local need and developing a Community Sports Plan which can be used to attract funding to support the development of clubs, coaches and volunteers; promote the benefits of sport and physical activity; encourage a wider take up of sporting opportunities; and act as the local voice for sport and physical activity.
The six CSNs in Norfolk are:
- Breckland Community Sports Network
- Great Yarmouth Sports Partnership
- North Norfolk Sports Network
- Sports Partnership Around Norwich (SPAN)
- South Norfolk Sports Partnership
- West Norfolk Sports Partnership