Active Norfolk is committed to making sport a safer place for children, young people and vulnerable adults to participate in.
The partnership aim to raise awareness and support those working in sport, giving them knowledge and guidance of what they need to protect these vulnerable groups and minimise avoidable risks.
Working with coaches, clubs and volunteers the partnership will educate and support those delivering activity ensuring that children, young people and vulnerable adults can enjoy and get the very best from their involvement in sport in Norfolk.
The partnership will work closely with the NSPCC CPSU to ensure that the necessary standards are in place to help create a safe sporting environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults in order to protect them from harm.
Active Norfolk is committed to promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people engaged in sporting activities locally and aims to:
- Meet the requirements of the Standards for Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport (CPSU 2003)
- Implement and demonstrate best safeguarding practice when core staff, volunteers, or others are providing services, activities and programmes for children and young people
- Work with partners to establish and implement agreed, consistent minimum safeguarding standards for sports activities in Norfolk
- Work with individuals and organisations that are funded or commissioned to provide any services for children and young people to effectively address safeguarding requirements
- Maximise its influence to promote safeguarding practice and principles within its wider partnership roles and relationships
The board fully endorses these aims, and supports Active Norfolk in this important area of work.
Active Norfolk Board - March 2007