£200 available to support any community event!
Example of Code of Ethics and Conduct
Below is an example of a Code of Ethics and Conduct for a coach. Please feel free to adapt and use for your own club.
- Coaches must comply with the principles of good ethical practice listed below.
- Coaches must respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person and treat everyone equally within the context of their sport.
- Coaches must place the well-being and safety of the performer above the development of performance. They should follow all guidelines laid down by the sports governing body and hold appropriate insurance cover.
- Coaches must ensure that they follow the procedures within the _________ Child Protection Policy, and respond to any allegations or suspicions
- Coaches must encourage and guide performers to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance.
- Coaches will hold up-to-date and nationally recognised governing body coaching qualifications.
- Coaches must ensure the activities they direct or advocate are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of the individual.
- Coaches should, at the outset, clarify with performers (and where appropriate with their parents) exactly what is expected of them and what performers are entitled to expect from their coach. A contract may sometimes be appropriate.
- Coaches should cooperate fully with other specialists (e.g. other coaches, officials) in the best interests of the performer.
- Coaches should always promote the positive aspects of their sport (e.g. fair play) and never condone rule violations or the use of prohibited substances.
- Coaches must consistently display high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Coaches must develop an appropriate working relationship with performers (especially children), based on mutual trust and respect. Coaches must not exert undue influence to obtain personal benefit or reward.
I have read the above and agree to abide by the points made: