Minimum Standards for Deployment
Active Norfolk is committed to ensuring all coaches in Norfolk are suitably qualified and skilled to deliver quality sporting activity.
Sports Coach UK, a partner of Active Norfolk, recently published its recommendations on the Minimum Standards for Deployment (MSD) of sports coaches within the United Kingdom. These recommendations were compiled following an 18-month review and define standards for employment and deployment of sports coaches across the employed to voluntary coaching workforce.
The results of the review recommend that active coaches should meet the following core criteria:
- Minimum Age – Lead coach aged 18+ years, assistant coach 16+ years
- Appropriate Qualification – Lead coach UKCC Level 2 or above, assistant coach UKCC Level 1
- Appropriate Insurance - An insurance policy that covers the coach for the duties to be undertaken
- Enhanced CRB Check
- Code of Conduct
The review also concluded that the following additional training workshops should be taken by sports coaches:
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children
- Equity In Your Coach
- Coaching Disabled Performers
The above workshops are all available to attend locally as part of our Coach Education programme, click here for further information.