Rowing is a good way to improve your overall fitness level. Whether you use a rowing machine in the gym or at home or if you venture onto the water, it is a sport which is accessible to almost everyone. The primary benefit of rowing is on the legs, back and arms. It is a low impact form of exercise and puts very little strain on your joints. When you get up to speed, you will burn about 500-600 calories per hour.
There are several rowing clubs in Norfolk – joining a rowing club is a very sociable way to get fit and you will be welcomed even if you are a complete novice. Furthermore, rowing on the waterway means you can enjoy the beautiful Norfolk scenery.
If you want to exercise from the comfort of your own home, a rowing machine is an excellent way to get into the habit of regular exercise. A rowing machine is low maintenance and won’t take up too much space.
The benefits of rowing are as follows:
- It provides a superb aerobic work-out.
- It exercises every major muscle group.
- It is a time-efficient form of exercise and an excellent stress-reliever.
- It is weight-supporting and non-jarring and so is ideal for rehabilitative exercise.
- It can be a very effective fat burning and weight loss exercise.
- It's a lifelong exercise, suitable for people of all ages.