Gymnastics Whole Sport Plan
To create a robust and seamless pathway for gymnastics in England by:
- Improving the quality of provision
- Increasing and sustaining participation in our sport
- Improving performance throughout the pathway
Plans/Targets for Norfolk/East of England
- Develop the workforce
- Increase the number of GymMarked clubs and funding available to them
- Increase the quality & quantity of school gymnastics sessions
- Improve school-club links
- Provide more opportunities to perform and achieve
- Strengthen partnerships
Club Development Support including Club Accreditation
Your East Region Development Team are here to provide you with support for all your club development needs, from gaining GymMark to finding coaching courses and offering a new discipline. Contact details below.
We have numerous courses for our workforce to enrol onto. For courses specific to the East Region please visit www.norfolkgymnastics.org.uk and click on 'courses'.
If you would like to view courses currently running across the whole country then please visit www.british-gymnastics.org and click on 'find a course'.
Course details and application forms are circulated to contacts once the course has been set-up by our Regional Workforce Development Co-ordinator. If you would like to be added to Sarah's mailing list then please email her:
Our Proficiency Award Scheme course is a Level 0 qualification that is open to anyone aged 14 and over. The qualification allows you to coach up to 8 gymnasts using the Proficiency Awards under the supervision of a level 2 coach in a club environment.
Our Introduction to Judging course is our entry level officiating qualification which is based on our Key Step Gymnastics resource.
Our Norfolk Gymnastics Leadership Academy is a volunteering programme for 14-19 yr olds. The aim is to provide the leaders with various volunteering opportunities within the community and then we reward them by part-funding some of their chosen gymnastics courses. The leaders are also invited to our annual Young Leaders Camp where they get to meet leaders from other NGB's and are provided with several leadership opportunities.
Sarah Parker, Gymnastics Development Officer for Norfolk & Cambridgeshire
- E: email@example.com
- T: 07825056156
- W: www.norfolkgymnastics.org.uk or www.british-gymnastics.org
- register for gymnastics updates to keep informed about courses and events