Golf Whole Sport Plan
- Increase the number of people playing golf.
- Retain existing members and recruit new ones
- Help golf clubs to acheive the GolfMark Award
- Develop programmes to recruit, retain and reward volunteers
- Develop more volunteer coaches.
- Provide players with opportunities to achieve their potential.
Plans/Targets for Norfolk/East of England
- 16+ participation
- Priority group recruitment i.e. women, girls, disability, 18-40's, family
- Continue to support clubs with GolfMark accreditation
- EGU/ EWGA Club Coaching Grant - £600 to support coaching for adults and juniors
- Community Golf Roots Funding through Golf Foundation- grants available to support work in schools and local community
- Golf Foundation School Club Link funding
- Funding available through Norfolk County Golf Partnership to support priority group particpation/ recruitment
- England Golf Coach & Player Programme funding
- Click here for grant/ funding information
Club Development Support including Club Accreditation
Local support for GolfMark accreditation and other club development available through Norfolk County Development Officer and Regional Development Officer.
Through local programme to include ASQ Level 1 Golf Coaching Award, LTAD, Disability Awareness, Coaching Toolkit etc.
Publicised locally and through PGA networks.
Contact County Development Officer.
Please see www.golfvolunteers.org for more details
Karen Young, Norfolk Golf Development Officer, Norfolk County Golf Partnership
Steven Peet, Regional Development Officer, (East of England)
- E: email@example.com
- T: 07726994154
- W: www.englishgolfunion.org or www.englishwomensgolf.org
Child Protection Officer
Kirstie Thirde, Compliance Manager, England Golf
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- T: 07949 111924
Ben Jones, Welfare Officer, Norfolk County Golf Partnership
- E: email@example.com
- T: 01603 732330
Golf is a new sport for Active Norfolk and it is one which we feel has real development potential across the whole age spectrum.