The Santander Foundation has grants programmes to help disadvantaged people in the UK.
All of their funding must directly help disadvantaged people through one or both of these charitable priorities - education and training, or financial capability.
Santander Community Plus provides grants of up to £5,000. The scheme is open to small local UK charities or local projects of national charities with funding available to cover salaries, equipment or materials.
Designed to be quick and easy to use, nominations can be made by charities as well as Santander customers and staff. Just visit any Santander branch and complete a nomination form. The completed form should be dropped into the box provided in your local branch. There are no closing dates and entries will be regularly considered by a panel of staff drawn from across the region. Successful charities will be notified within 2 months of submitting their nomination.
The only criteria for the Community Plus grants are:
- must be a UK registered charity
- must be a local charity or local project of a larger charity
- the grant must benefit local disadvantaged people
Please note, they cannot fund:
- Unregistered charities, not for profit groups, Community Amateur Sports Clubs, exempt or excepted charities
- Community Interest Companies or Social Enterprises
- Charities which restrict their beneficiaries to a single religious or single ethnic group
- One off events and conferences, sponsorship or fundraising activities
- Party political activity