"Get up offa that thing" On Your Feet Britain
Posted: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 11:54
Take part in our national day when workers across Britain unite together and participate in a variety of fun and simple activities to #SitLess and #MoveMore at work on Friday 28th April.
"Get up offa that thing"
The On Your Feet Britain Challenge dares you to take James Brown at his word and convert 'sitting time' to 'standing time'. Follow some simple changes - it's easier than you think:
- Stand during phone calls
- Stand and take a break from your computer every 30 minutes
- Use the stairs
- Have standing or walking meetings
- Eat your lunch away from your desk
- Walk to your colleague's desk instead of phoning or emailing them
- Stand at the back of the room during presentations
So Friday 28th April 2017 is your chance to get the ball rolling and encourage your employees to take a stand. Team up with colleagues and see how much "sitting time" you can reduce on the day.