New Sportivate courses for Summer include watersports and netball12 June 2012
People in Norfolk aged 18 - 25 can take part in new Sportivate courses over the summer at subsidised prices.
Places are limited and will be offered on a first come first served basis to those aged 18 – 25 years old.
- Where: Broadland Paddlesport, Girlings Lane, Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich, NR7 0HE
- When: Tuesdays, 6:30 – 8:30pm, 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st July and 7th August
- Cost: £15 for six sessions if booked before 19th June, £20 thereafter (normally £67.50)
The sessions will allow participants to work towards their BCU one star award. It is a flat water award and demonstrates an individual has basic boat control and foundation skills.
- Where: Thorpe St Andrew School, Laundry Lane, Norwich, NR7 0XS
- When: Mondays, 6-7pm, 23rd and 30th July, 6th, 13th and 20th Aug, and 3rd Sept.
- Cost: £10 per 6 hourly sessions if booked before 9th July, £15 thereafter
After a warm up, the sessions will cover the basic skills, passing, footwork, attacking/defending, shooting and match play. The sessions will also cover some of the rules with the emphasis on fun.
- Where: Whitlingham Outdoor Education Centre, Trowse, NR14 8TR.
- When: Thursdays, 6:30 – 8:30pm, 9th, 16th and 23rd August.
- Cost: £10 for three sessions if booked before 26th July, £15 thereafter (normally £36)
The introductory course is suitable for those with little or no experience of windsurfing and is an ideal introduction to the sport.
To book and for more information contact Maria Alborough 01603 430570, firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.broadland.gov.uk/sportivatePost a comment