Promote your sports club on the BBC15 May 2012
BBC Sport is on a mission to get more people playing sport by offering sports clubs a platform to promote their activities on bbc.co.uk.
From June 22, the BBC Things To Do website will promote sport taster sessions to the public on behalf of sports groups. It’s part of the BBC’s work to help inspire the public to try out sport this summer and build a lasting Olympic and Paralympic legacy.
The project will be promoted throughout the summer by BBC Sport and to the 3.3 million unique daily visitors BBC Sport’s website, so it’s a good way to promote sporting opportunities to a wide audience.
Not-for-profit and/or publicly-funded clubs are eligible to register and upload sport taster activities on Things To Do, if they meet the following criteria:
- The activities must be run from 22 June 2012 onwards
- Sessions must include active participation in sport
- Activities should either be free of charge or run on a cost recovery basis
- The sport must be accessible to the general public, not just members
- Sessions must happen on a specific time on a specific day.
The BBC suggests that a natural fit would be a club open day, many of which are run already, which could see increases in the numbers attending.
Clubs can find out more, sign up and start promoting their sport taster activities at www.bbc.co.uk/thingstodo/activitymakerPost a comment