About Active Norfolk - our role & activities
ANNUAL REPORT 2011/12
Download a copy of Active Norfolk's latest Annual Report, at the end of the page.
Active Norfolk, launched on 1st November 2006, is one of the County Sports Partnerships created by Sport England and tasked with increasing the levels of participation in sport and physical activity across the county.
Our role is to provide a coherent and structured approach to the development of sport and physical activity in Norfolk through a strong and integrated partnership. The partnership involves all those involved in sport and physical activity but, principally, the Local Authorities, School Sports Partnerships and the National Governing Bodies of Sport.
Active Norfolk is funded mainly by Sport England but also receives funding and support from the County Council and all the Local Authorities.
Active Norfolk undertake a wide range of activities both directly and through partners including:
- Support to a range of sports including cricket, tennis, hockey, triathlon, rugby, football, swimming, rowing, athletics, badminton, netball and cycling.
- Coach and volunteer development through regular training courses, workshops, conferences and recognition events. Provision of grants and bursaries to support coach development.
- Club development through support with courses and the take up of Clubmark - the club quality accreditation mark.
- Development of a coach database for Norfolk.
- Development of sport and physical activity opportunities for disabled people including the annual Youth Games and Swimming Gala.
- Support for local groups and Community Sports Networks in developing and funding community projects.
- Supporting School Sports Partnerships enabling youngsters to access and participate in sport and physical activity for youngsters
- Working to support health, social inclusion, rural deprivation and crime reduction.
- Raising the awareness of the benefits of sport and physical activity
- Supporting promising youngsters through grants and sponsorship
Our mission is to make Norfolk an active, healthy and successful sporting county - and to have FUN doing it!