GAIN for Health Professionals
GAIN is part of a research project by Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia. The research project will test four different patient recruitment methods, each practice involved in the pilot will be allocated a patient recruitment method.
Who can I recommend GAIN to?
- Aged 18 years old or over
- No contraindications to physical activity
- Currently doing less than 150 minutes of at least moderate activity per week
- Severe ischaemic heart disease with active angina
- Uncontrolled Hypertension
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HOCM)
- Cardiac condition under investigagtion (palpitations)
Poorly controlled asthma, diabetes and other physical or mental illness should only be referred if GP is prepared to do a detailed assessment and provide specific advice on what physical activity is safe.
Patients who, in the healthcare professionals's opinion, are not medically fit to undertake an exercise programme should to be recruited.
GAIN Referral Form
GAIN Recruitment Process
Health Professional's Guide to GAIN
- Health Professional's Guide to GAIN (PDF, 2.7 Mb)