Did you know that physically active people take 27% fewer days off work sick, are more productive and are generally more motivated while at work?
With obesity levels in Norfolk at 20% and climbing, encouraging sport and physical activity around the working day is a great way to impact on the performance of your organisation whilst improving the lives of your employees, and Active Norfolk's Fit4Work programme is here to help.
What is Active Norfolk Fit4Work?
Fit4Work is a project that aims to promote the benefits of a healthy and active lifestyle to employees. It is a 'hands on' project - it will provide your organisation with activities for your employees to be involved in, rather than just guidance and advice.
What does the Fit4Work project offer?
The Active Norfolk Fit4Work project offers the following:
- Fortnightly newsletter - our regular communication keeps you and your employees up-to-date with information on health initiatives, Fit4Work competitions and local sport and physical opportunities.
- Access to the Workplace Challenge website and smartphone app - a national programme funded by Sport England which enables employees to record their sport and physical activity online.
- Active Norfolk Corporate Games - our annual sports day for adults!
- Fit4Work Competition Calendar - lots of opportunities for your organisation to take part in organised activities.
- Support for your organisation to encourage Active Travel.
What are the benefits of being involved in Fit4Work?
Get active, relieve stress and build team spirit
Physically active people take fewer days off sick. Signing up to the Fit4Work programme can impact on:
- Sickness and absence
- Staff turnover
- Employee satisfaction
- Company profile
- Workplace motivation, morale and much more
- Ultimately it can maximise benefits to an employer by increasing productivity
Who can get involved in Fit4Work?
Any organisation of any size can be involved with the project, from the public, private or voluntary sector. From manufacturers to call centres, retail to schools; we can offer something for everyone.
Thrive Tribe - from 1st April 2017
Want to make a difference to workplace health and wellbeing where you work?
Thriving Workplaces are delivering a contract for a county-wide workplace health service in Norfolk. They can provide your organisation with free analysis and support, including training to become a workplace health champion.
For more information visit www.thrivingworkplaces.org.uk. Active Norfolk will be working with Thrive Tribe to support Norfolk workplaces to be more active through their Fit4Work programme'
Upcoming Fit4Work Events
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2017 (18:15 - 21:00)
Location: Horsford Cricket Club, NR10 3AQ
This fun workplace competition is open to teams from any Norfolk businesses.
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 (19:00 - 20:30)
Location: Eaton Park,, South Park Avenue,, Norwich, NR4 7AU
Join this fun killer tennis competition for workplaces - you don't need to be good at tennis to take part!
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 (17:45 - 20:30)
Location: Whitlingham Outdoor Education Centre , Whitlingham Lane , Trowse, Norwich, NR14 8TR
This fun workplace competition is open to teams from any Norfolk businesses. Take part in some water-based actiiities on Whitlingham Lake.
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 (18:15 - 20:45)
Location: East Anglia Tennis and Squash Club,, Lime Tree Road,, Norwich,, NR2 2NQ
Ladies from workplaces can join in this fun and friendly competition.