Disability Club Information
There are several clubs running across the county including the ones listed on this page and many more. If you are interested in starting up a group or would like to know anything about the groups on this page please contact Ellen Vanlint on 01603 731566 or email email@example.com.
- Special Olympic Athletics club - Friday mornings at UEA Sportspark. Contact Kay Bailey on 07825 778173.
- NEW Boccia sessions starting on 18th January - 6.20pm - 7.40pm at Sportspark, Norwich. £3 per person. Contact Roy & Steve McGee on 07969 859335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boccia club - Thursday nights at Sewell Park School. 6pm - 7.30pm. Also speak to Roy
Cricket without Boundaries
Free pan-disability cricket coaching sessions for adults and children aged 11yrs and over, male and female
Sunday afternoons, 14.00 – 16.00 at Great Melton Cricket Club, Starting April 24th
Sessions delivered by ECB qualified coaches - all equipment provided. Friendly fixtures throughout the summer
For further details contact Andy Fearne (Mobile:07775848503, Email:email@example.com) or Malcolm Howard (Mobile: 07593811704, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Norwich City Powerchair Football club - contact Tina Hodgson on 01603 732804.
- Norwich City Community Sports Foundation. A variety of different football sessions for different groups. For a full listing visit www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk or call 01603 761122
- Norwich & Norfolk Goalball club - Thursday nights, City College. Contact John Milligan on email@example.com
Riding for the disabled - horse riding lessons in various areas across the county:
- Hill Farm Riding Centre - contact 01953 851467 or 07739637689 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diss - contact Carol-Ann Smy on email@example.com.
- Broadland - contact Rowena Baker on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- North Norfolk - contact Priscilla McDougall on 0845 2416381.
- Norwich - contact Diane Worth on email@example.com
Inclusive Multi - Sports club
NEW - Inclusive sports club at UEA Sportspark
Wednesday's 11.40 - 1pm every week. £1.50 per person.
A variety of sports including tennis, golf, athletics, boccia and circuits!
For more information contact Ellen on 01603 731566
- About with Friends Wednesday Club - A variety of activities at St John's hall , Cromer. Starts 16th September 10am - 3pm. For more information please call 01263 515230
- Attleborough Gateway Club - Variety of activities including Short Mat Bowls and Pool. Contact David Dobson on 01603 767338.
- Gentle exercise classes - disability. Sally Harrison has been teaching exercise classes in Norfolk for over ten years. She runs various classes around Norfolk.
- Classes for people with learning difficulties & mobility difficulties/wheelchair users take place at Potter Heigham from 1.45-2.45. For more details telephone Sally on 01603 432487.
- Classes for people with physical or learning disabilities take place on Thursdays at The Vauxhall Centre in Norwich from 11.00-12.00, and Wednesdays at The Sacred Heart Church Hall, North Walsham 1.45 - 2.45 pm. For more details telephone Sally on 01603 432487.
- Kandoo Club - Kings Lynn. Every Wednesday 6-7.30pm at Lynnsport, Kings Lynn. For more information contact Lynnsport on 01553 818018.
- Mini Kandoo Club - Kings Lynn. Every Saturday 9-10am at Lynnsport. For more information contact Lynnsport on 01553 818018.
- Supersports Kidz club - contact Sue Coombe on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tag rugby is a fun, safe and inclusive sport for everyone to enjoy – non-contact, non-stop action, non-stop fun for all!
Free coaching sessions for adults and children with learning difficulties, aged over 13yrs, male and female, will be running every Sunday, 12-1, at Crusaders Rugby Club, Hethersett, NR93NP
For further details contact Andy Fearne (Mobile:07775848503, Email:email@example.com)
- The Nancy Oldfield Trust - Water borne activities for disabled and disadvantaged people. The Nancy Oldfield Trust offers disabled and socially disadvantaged people excitement, freedom and adventure on the Norfolk Broads. Established in 1984 they are the only facility of its kind in East Anglia, providing a wide range of activities and opportunities for our visitors. For more information visit their website www.nancyoldfield.org.uk.
Special Olympics Norfolk
- Athletics - UEA Sportspark on Fridays 11 -12pm. Cost £3 per session. Contact Kay Bailey on 07825778173
- Artistic Gymnastics - Long Stratton Gymnastics Club on Saturday 1.30 -3pm. £27 for 6 weeks. Contact Jo Rodwell on 07947558943
- Snowsports - Adaptive Skiing sessions at Trowse Snowsport Centre every other Sunday. First session free then £5. Contact John Burroughs 01502 731250
- Cricket - UEA Sportspark on Wednesdays 10.20 - 11.40am. Contact Nicola Fish 07948353245
- Swimming - Wymondham Pool on Sundays 4.45 - 5.45pm. Cost £5 per session for first 4 sessions then £30 for 6 weeks. Open to all ages. Contact Linda Shiner 07415894700
- Second swimming session now started at Swanton Morley School 6pm -7pm on Monday evenings.
- Boccia - Sewell Park Sports Centre on Thursdays 5.30 - 6.30pm. Cost £3 per session. Open to all ages. Contact Roy McGee 07969859335
To find out more on any of the above or to volunteer at any of the above, please contact Nicola Fish on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Great Yarmouth & Waveney Special Olympians - Sunday sessions during term time 12pm - 4pm, Marina Centre Contact reception or Heather and Clare on 01493 302975.
- Special Olympic Swimming - Sunday afternoons at Wymondham Leisure Centre. Contact Linda Shiner on 07415 894700.
Opportunities including Wheelchair Tennis and VI Tennis at various locations across Norfolk. Please contact Norma Bowen for up to date events and sessions.
Contact: Norma Bowen - email@example.com
Tennis Coaching for the visually impaired
Gorleston Tennis Club - Wednesday's 12.30 -1.30pm
Contact: Mike Reynolds - firstname.lastname@example.org
A variety of different activities across the County
- Tandem cycling
- Various levels of walks across the County
- Archery - Norwich, Fakenham and Cromer
- Short Mat Bowls
- Sailing at Nancy Oldfield Trust, Neatishead
- Horse Riding
Norwich office - Speak to Donna on 01603 629558
Great Yarmouth office - 01493 745973
West office - 01553 660808
- Wheelchair Basketball with the Norwich Lowriders. Contact Tina Connor-Saunders on email@example.com